Dallas, TX asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Texas

Q: My fiance's family moved to the US when he was 1 y.o. Is there any possibility that he can get the citizenship?

Hello. I have recently heard about your free legal services. My fiancé and I are in the process of moving to a small town in my country. We are just at the beginning, so your advice would be very important to us. Namely, my fiance's family migrated to the US (from North America), when he was only 1 year old. He grew up there, went to school. He speaks English as his first language (he's a native speaker). Even though he's undocumented, he has never left the country. He is been living there for almost 30 years now. Unlike him, his 3 year younger brother and 4 year younger sister have the citizenship. I'm an European, we've been planing to live in my home country. However, if he leaves the US, he will most likely be facing 10 year old bar. I was wondering if there is any way for him to get apply for the citizenship and get it? Would he (or his parents) be prosecuted? The idea that he wont be able to visit the only place he truly know sounds quite scary? Is there any solution? Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes. Contact an attorney in your area to discuss possibilities. Good luck, and congratulations on the engagement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.