Webster, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: Is there any chance to get custody of a child back when u lost battle when she was a baby?

I lost custody of my child and didn’t have any representation in 2013 the year she was born. She was taken from me and I wasn’t in a great place to get her back. Now I live in Florida and own my own home and am married with two boys. She would have her own room and want her in my life I feel like I never got a say in court and want her back just need the info on pay and if there is a way to work out of state to try and get her back. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my first baby and want her with me.please get back to me ASAP and thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You do not say how you lost custody. If your parental rights were terminated then there may be no recourse. On the other hand, if 100% timesharing was awarded to the other parent then you can go back to court for a modification. Speak to a local family law attorney.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.