Sacramento, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: I have a dependency court case, I have an appeal in court of appeals, with out my knowledge. I filed a civil case in fed

the dependacy case they took my 3 kids, and suggested I do some services, which will take 6 months. They were taken do to homelessness. I was living in missouri and came to calif to locate my boyfriends familly members to no avail. In the process we had car trouble at stayed in hotels. during which time my boyfriend (Father} had his wallet come up missing. All of our finances were kept in a paypal account. 7,000.00. The card connected to the account was lost with the wallet. long story short I have a depenact case now an appeals case and a federal civil case where I filed as sui juris. and they in turn made me pro se. my question is how will this effect the other court cases. I didn't file the civil case to get my kids back but to sue for damages. the defendants are moving to dismiss, because they say i am trying to use the the case to overturn a ruling in the state court. Not true so how do I amend my complaint and answer the dismissal of my federal law suit??

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need an attorney to assist you. You can use Google to search for civil rights lawyers in the Sacramento area. I suggest you do not delay because the deadlines in the federal courts are very strict.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.