Washington, DC asked in Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Maryland

Q: Is It Illegal Not To Have Water From The City Regarding Adverse Possession And Is It By The Owner Or The Adverse Possess

I Have No Water And The Owner's Water Is Cut Off Long Sense And $6000 Pass Due I Contacted The City Regarding But Never

A Answer It Regarded Having The Water Bill Put In The Title Name Or My Name Regarding Adverse Possession And And That I Was The Adverse Possesser.

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C. Valkenet
Thomas C. Valkenet
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: The solution to your issue depends on your status as an occupier of the land. How did you enter the property? Are you a tenant with a lease? One without a lease? Did the owner invite you? Did you enter via trespass? What is your relation to the owner?

How the water bill is titled is an administrative matter that usually derives from the name on the title, or a lease.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.