Whittier, CA asked in Contracts, Business Formation, Civil Rights and Lemon Law for California

Q: Need some legal assistance

I need some legal assistance so I purchased my car from , hired a guy to call me and trick me into taking my vehicle in for a smog check . So next I was left stranded and also did not give me or the dealer any notice of the vehicles personal belongings . Which by the way where removed by an unlicensed repo agency .They did not tow my vehicle but instead had someone not authorized to drive away with my vehicle. Took all my tools that I work with and tried to steal them because of non payment I feel the repocesion process was not follow I was harassed and still have no paper work of my vehicle being repossed. The dealer that I purchased my car from change their name and closed their shop. Now they are going by a whole different name and they are asking me for the a ridiculous amount of money to get my car back . The guy that the dealer is or was being ranned by is 1. A delinquent 2. using false information 3. running a scam lot 4. Has an inactive license. And has

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should contact your local police department (where the dealer was/is) and make a report that your car was stolen by these people. More than anything, though, you need a lawyer to help you. You can go to the Los Angeles County Bar Association's website (LACBA.com) and click on the Lawyer's Referral Service. You can also go to the Better Business Bureau and report that business. A competent lawyer can steer you through all the things you can do to get started.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.