New Haven, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: Need urgent help

I got my 2nd violation of probation the 1st time I got to do outpatient program and got on methadone. I was violated due to missing appointment's the 1st time and it just got reinstated. This time I got arrested 2 different times. The 1st offense was larceny in the 6th degree and burglary in 3rd degree. The 2nd arrest was breach of peace. I have a VOP warrant out with a 10,000 bond then those 2 new cases I go to court 2/26/21. I currently am in a recovery house. I came here from detox which I was at for 5 days. I am going to a 30 day then roughly a 6 month program when there is a bed available. I was intoxicated with both new arrests. I was on probation for assault 2nd with a motor vehicle and DUI. I plan on dealing with all this after I finish my programs. Should I do that or turn myself in then go to programs after I bond out and do you think if I do the programs will the judge take it easier on me. THANKS

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Salvatore Bonanno
Salvatore Bonanno
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You should clear the outstanding arrest warrants by turning yourself in, then bond out, hire a criminal defense attorney and enter the program. Otherwise, you may find yourself arrested while your in the program. Best of luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.