Royal Oak, MI asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Environmental for Michigan

Q: R299.922(q) Civil Infraction Question

I received a civil infraction bt the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) in a state park. The Civil infraction is R299.922(q). I am trying to understand the penalties that come with this CI as the ranger said it was just a fine but I want to make sure it doesn't show up on my driving record or affect my insurance rates as the infraction I believe was unfairly given as the plot of land we parked to take pictures had other vehicle tracks on it and we were under the interpretation it was a dirt parking lot. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a month. As a general matter, each state might operate differently in terms of what their Departments of Natural Resources (or Environmental Protection, Wildlife, Fisheries, etc.) share with their Departments of Motor Vehicles. The conditions that trigger inter-agency reporting could be citation-specific. An inexpensive starting point might be to check with DMV, and a more costly starting point might to reach out to a traffic ticket defense attorney to ask if this variety of ticket is something they handle, and how DMV treats it on driver license abstracts. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.