Hobbs, NM asked in Education Law and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: Can I sue the school for forcing my son to work out till it caused a Non displaced fibula fracture in his leg!

My son is ten years old weighs 170 and is around 5'4 he was in DAEP a discipline school for kids for a couple weeks during this time he didn't do his homework so his school for a whole school day worked him out for 45mins then 15 mins studies ALL DAY! During these work outs he tells them my leg is hurting of course he has to keep going well the next day they make him do it again that's child abuse on its own but then to cause him to brake his leg and keep going! My son has a Non displaced fibula fracture he can hardly walk and when he does his leg turns purple! Is there anything I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a month. I'm very sorry for your son's injury. You could reach out to local attorneys to discuss in detail; law firms that handle these types of cases generally offer free initial consults. If the doctor's narrative report and any other medical records such as hospital ER reports, orthopedic specialists, etc. are available, gather them for your consult. With COVID, many law firms are able to offer virtual consults, without the need to physically meet at an office. I wish your son a healthy recovery. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.