Vancouver, WA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: Trying to have my over 15 year old records sealed and esponge so I can own a fire arm again to protect my family and my

How much is it going to cost and how do I file federal statutes of limitations is way ben up

1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Melissa Azure
Jennifer Melissa Azure
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Kennewick, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Restoration of your firearm rights, vacating, sealing or expunging your record can all be done in Washington State, but definitely depends upon your history. You can complete the firearm restoration in either the county where the offense was committed, or the jurisdiction you are currently living. You can complete it yourself, but I would recommend contacting an attorney to at least review your history and check eligibility. Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.