North Bergen, NJ asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Business Law and Collections for New Jersey

Q: I have a judgement against me how can I vacate it?

I did a confession of judgment for a merchant cash advance, I had to close a small businesses that I had and with the confession of judgment the cash advance companie got a judgment against me, I read that confession of judgment doesn't apply out of the state of NY, I live in New Jersey an never lived in New York, I need to resolve this, I can't have a job or live a normal life because of this

2 Lawyer Answers
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your question was previously asked and answered. Retaining an attorney will may help, repeating the question will not change anything.

Stuart Nachbar agrees with this answer

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Likely it will not be vacated bc you agreed to it. Hire a bankruptcy attorney to evaluate your financial situation and consider filing chapter 7 to eliminate the judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.