Mabelvale, AR asked in Family Law and Probate for Texas

Q: I need to transfer my aunt from facility in Texas to 1 in Arkansas she has Alzheimer's her husband cannot care for her

Her husband has a broken his hip and it's going to be in a long-term facility himself they only married in 2016.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: What is your question? If your aunt has legal capacity and the MD says she can be moved, she can be moved. If your aunt lacks legal capacity, someone needs to become her guardian in order to be able to decide where she lives. If the person becomes her guardian in Texas, after moving her to Arkansas, they can transfer the guardianship to Arkansas.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.