Shippensburg, PA asked in Construction Law for Pennsylvania

Q: A contractor completed shoddy work, said he’d fix it and hasn’t spoken to me since that verbal promise. Civil suit?

I hired Bella Concepts Remodeling to do work in a bathroom. The shoddy workmanship resulted in a pinched gasket and leaks, which subsequently saturated/rotted the floor underneath linoleum. When I reached out to the contractor, a year and a half after the work was completed, he rushed out, told me he fired the shoddy workmen who completed the job, apologized and verbally stated he would fix everything that needed to be fixed. He also confirmed his promise with a text. Since that time, he has repeatedly failed to talk with me. I submitted a complaint to the attorney general and the Better Business Bureau. The contractor then got in touch with me, telling me I had to get these complaints removed or he would not do the work he promised. Now, I have gone above and beyond to do what I can based on what he has demanded. Here again, he is no longer speaking to me. The bathroom is still soaked. The cost of the bathroom initially was $12,000. Can someone please give me a little bit of advice?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Get an estimate of the cost of repair. Ask him to pay. If he doesn't, take him to small claims court.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.