Dundalk, MD asked in Insurance Defense for Maryland

Q: Hello I was recently arrested on a bench warrant for a failure to appear for a court case. My fiancee and myself

were codefendents. The officers claim they happen to see my wife at a convenience store and issued a car stop and arrested her for the warrant. The store is the opposite way of the precinct and they proceeded to drive to my house to serve the bench warrant for me. They took my fiancee back to our house with them and sat in the driveway with her in the car. I never received any knock, call out they were police and they began to bang and rip my door off the frame. They still never announced themselves. They made it through the first metal door and began whaling away at the second mind you still never announcing they were officers. As the door came open they were armed With M4 automatic weapon's. I was absolutely floored and scared out of my mind.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You should retain an attorney to represent you in connection the charges. If you cannot afford private counsel, contact the Public Defender. Your attorney can discuss any possible defenses to the underlying charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.