Denver, CO asked in Traffic Tickets for South Carolina

Q: The log in to pay ticket fine on website listed on ticket, no information of my son nor the ticket number is showing up

Officer lowered ticket to 10 mph or less. Ticket states court date time and address however Area of ticket for officer to mark “appear in court? Y or N?” Officer left blank. And we cannot find any information on the back of the ticket as to whether or not this is a mandatory court date.

Son can’t leave base without month advance request (due to current COVID restrictions) so he could not show up to court anyways, But would be able to reschedule court date if court allows that, if he needed to, But then there’s also the problem of limited staff due to core Covid restrictions so he has not been able to contact, but website doesn’t have any info on him. Worried he will get a warrant for FTA...

Searching for ideas or suggestions on what to do to have this matter resolved,especially with him being in the military, if he gets a warrant that would end his entire career. All for something silly is a speeding ticket! Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan D Templeton
Ryan D Templeton
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Summerville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If he is only charged with speeding he can just pay the ticket and not show up for court. At that time the "bond" (what he paid) with be forfeited and the case will be over. That being said, depending on what state he has his license in the points for the ticket can transfer back and show up on his license there. If he wishes to fight the ticket of hire an attorney to assist him it is best to contact someone as soon as possible so that they can start negotiating with the officer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.