Russellville, KY asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Kentucky

Q: Can an employer fire an employee, contracted or full-time, if the employee seeks legal help on being discriminated.

This is NOT about sexual orientation (that I'm aware of). My partner and I are working for a small company, I'm full-time and he is contracted. There are 3 office employees and 2 coworkers that have been hostile towards both of us at different times for the past month, HR is one of the office employees that have been hostile, so any complaints are going nowhere. The operation manager told my partner today, that if he tried pursuing legal action, they would let him go. At what point does the fact that we have a right to work in a non hostile environment take place.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Probably not advisable but more facts are needed to properly answer. Schedule an appointment with an employment lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.