New Haven, CT asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Small Claims for Connecticut

Q: Can I sue a previous lawyer for not paying my medical bills with my lawsuit?

The I.R.S has started garnishing my wages and also my tax return. I am on Disability & Medicare paid now wants money back

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. If it were New York City and I was presented with a situation like this, I would focus my efforts on finding out if it would be possible to do something with the lien, and finding out if the Human Resources Administration or Division of Liens and Recovery (I don't know what the entity in New Haven is) would work toward resolving the matter. I would find out if they had assigned a subrogation attorney to the matter and if the subrogation attorney would be willing to sort out a lien that apparently fell through the cracks. I would direct my efforts toward seeking the quickest most constructive resolution through the public agencies asserting the lien(s). Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.