Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Small Claims Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: I use these products. My hair is loosing thickness fast & falling out! How can I get involved and find out answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 19, 2021

A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to law firms that handle product liability cases (product-based injuries). If you're talking about a specific product(s), you could research online whether any firms are handling such cases.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Lemon Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: Can I sue a repair shop/dealership for the entirety of my vehicle due to shotty repairs?

The car has gone into this shop with a full coverage warranty. They would keep the vehicle in their shop for multiple weeks to repair simple things, and return the car with the same problems. This continued over the course of 2-3 years, until the engine failed and was considered totalled. The... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 19, 2021

Unlikely at this point. You'd need an expert to testify that the engine fialed due to what they did and for no other reason. Part of the problem is also you kept taking it back--the law would say some of that's on you, because you didn't want to have a competent mechanic look at it.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: Can I sue a previous lawyer for not paying my medical bills with my lawsuit?

The I.R.S has started garnishing my wages and also my tax return. I am on Disability & Medicare paid now wants money back

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 26, 2021

A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. If it were New York City and I was presented with a situation like this, I would focus my efforts on finding out if it would be possible to do something with the lien, and finding out if the Human Resources... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: what happens if I ignore court letters from creditor I have been getting them one might have a court date i missed

the debt is about 1,700 Have not made any effort to contact them

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 24, 2019

You don't want to take the approach of ignoring this. It is really something for a Connecticut attorney to advise you on; but it is also something on which you should take some form of action without further delay. If you missed a court date, that could possibly result in a default judgment... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: I got scammed and my bank has the person’s information who did it but cannot give it to me what can I do??

I got scammed for concert tickets. I sent the money through Zelle. My bank launched an investigation and it took them 2 weeks to find the person who did it. They told me they have the persons name but cannot give it to me without a subpoena. I tried to go to small claims but they said to even get... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 25, 2019

Why do you want the scammer's name? You should concentrate on getting the money back; and the bank and regulatory authorities are much better at doing that than you are.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Construction Law and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: What do i do if I gave a contractor a deposit and he does not do the work or return calls etc?

I signed a contract and I paid a deposit on May 1st. I was verbally told the work would be done by the end of May. I have not heard back from the contractor since (it is now mid June). I have called multiple times and get no response. I fear the contractor is not planning on doing the work and is... View More

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
answered on Jul 6, 2018

You need to hire an attorney with experience in civil litigation and contract law to "light a fire under the contractor" with a demand letter and some phone calls. At worst, you will need the attorney to file a claim against the contractor as well. This is something my office handles... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: ow do I get rid of an abandoned truck on my property? My daughters bf parked it there and i don't know who owns it

it is a big dump type truck with a big snow plow on front. it doesn't run to my knowledge. i don't think he owns it and i don't know where they are living now to get in touch with them. it has been here for over a year. they were living in my house until i tossed them to the curb 5 months ago.

Nicole M. Camporeale
Nicole M. Camporeale
answered on Jul 12, 2017

Have it towed.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Small Claims for Connecticut on
Q: A storage unit was transferred to me and I paid the past due rent. Do the contents now belong to me?

My nephew could not pay for his storage unit and the contents were to be auctioned. In order to save some family belongings he transferred the unit to me (I possess the signed transfer) and I paid all that was due. A few weeks later his father reimbursed me for the amount paid. He now says the... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 27, 2016

If dad reimbursed you I think the contents going to you would be viewed as a windfall. If the father wants the sons contents then he would have a right to pick them up. Besides legalities, do you really want to cause a lifetime of bad feelings on this?

Right now you are the heroine for...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.