Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: Brother charged 115 years in 2014 for string of robberies. No one hurt or killed or anything how can we get time reduced

Did have a weapon robbed 7 fastfood restaurant in june 2014 been in jail since. Deundrae Miller

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Consult an attorney who FOCUSES on parole work and ask about the possibility of both parole and of your brother receiving a commutation of the sentence. Don't just look for a criminal defense attorney that also does a few parole cases on the side... you are looking for a person whose law practice is focused on dealing with the parole board... so check out the attorney's website and review their practice areas.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.