Houston, TX asked in Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment and Civil Litigation for Texas

Q: I received a sexually explicit video against my will and consent. What can I do to pursue the sender?

I was in a highly abusive relationship with a mentally unstable woman (wasn’t aware of her issues at the time).

One day she threatened to show me a video of her and a former sexual partner.

I refused and she caused a huge fight where she attempted to assault me, and we both ended up injured.

The next day she sent me the video anyway, and I never asked for it or wanted to see it.

Well the trauma from the confrontation and then the video because sadly I cared about her greatly, caused me to go downhill mentally, physically and my work/school was affected to the point I had to medically withdraw from school.

She recently contacted me and said she’s back with the guy in the video.

How can I pursue her in court to get justice?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Just delete her messages and block her on all platforms. Trying to make a legal case out of something like that will only prolong your misery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.