Commerce Township, MI asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Michigan

Q: Hello! I am filing probate form PC 574 Notice To Creditors. I was wondering how do I fill out the bottom of the form?

The court was kind enough to name the publication - Oakland County Legal News. So far I have "Publish one time in 1.Oakland County Legal News in 2.Oakland County. Furnish #3 ??? copies to #4 ???. Furnish affidavit of publication to the probate court with copy to #5 ???. Forward statement for publication charges to #6 ???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You should contact the probate court to determine which publication is used in your area. You should then send that form to that publication (some probate courts will do it for you).

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.