Modesto, CA asked in Domestic Violence for California

Q: My father recently had a stroke and I will be his primary caregiver - I am his daughter. My brother moved into my

Parents home in early March saying it would be for a couple of days - he has not left. He and I don’t get along and he pushed me the day he moved in. Can I get an emergency restraining order to have him leave so I can bring my father home? We live in Merced - California.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jackie Marie Howard
Jackie Marie Howard
  • Roseville, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's good you are able to see to his care. If you contact the County Superior Court, they will be able to direct you regarding the process for application of a restraining order. Seeking local counsel can provide you with the support and guidance you need through Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.