Reno, NV asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for California

Q: To petition for a change of custody in Plumas County after a ruling has been made previously, what forms do you file?

A default judgement was granted due to failure to appear and other extenuating circumstances. Children are still in my custody 50% of the time with me providing monetary support for them as well. Their mother insists on creating a permanent schedule though I currently have no legal right to the children and have ZERO legal or physical custody. How can I petition to have both legal and physical custody granted?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jackie Marie Howard
Jackie Marie Howard
  • Roseville, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The issues you are dealing with have important consequences to you and your children. Seek experienced counsel to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.