Frisco, TX asked in Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: Flooding rain water into our rental soaking a bedroom carpet. Management co. wants us to move out.

Offered another rental at a higher price with a year lease. What is their obligation to me. Regarding moving costs, and inconvenience etc

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a week, and it sounds like you are under pressure to make a decision. There's no guarantee all posts are picked up, but you could repost your question under the Landlord-Tenant category. You'd have better chances of a reply there - this isn't really a matter that land use/environmental law attorneys would get involved in. If you still don't get a response, you could use the tab above (Find-a-Lawyer) to search for L-T attorneys in the Frisco area, or you could search independently online on your own. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.