Texas Environmental Questions & Answers

Q: What insurance if any covers an acciddently oil spill in my driveway that went into the city drainage down the street ?

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Texas on
Answered on Nov 13, 2018
Timur Akpinar's answer
I do not practice in Texas, but your question remains open for four weeks. Homeowner policies can have exclusions for environmental claims, and auto policies could limit their coverage to matters related to the use and operation of a motor vehicle. You could show your policies to a Texas attorney and ask their opinion as to the limitations of coverage.

Tim Akpinar

Q: my 3 year old child slipped and fell at a flea market into improperly disposed of raw sewage.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Environmental for Texas on
Answered on Sep 17, 2018
Bradford Kvinta's answer
Any claim would likely be limited due to the minimal damages involved.

Q: Landlord refuses to repair or address anything including *High* levels of Toxic mold found growing in his home.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Real Estate Law and Environmental for Texas on
Answered on Feb 22, 2018
Gregory Andrews Cade's answer
According to the warranty of liability implied by your lease, the landlord is responsible with ensuring safe living conditions in the rental unit for their tenants, which includes promptly attending to any issue which threatens their health. Therefore, you were not obliged to pay the cost of mold tests and the necessary repairs. If your landlord refuses to properly take care of the mold issue, you have two options, both of which perfectly legal – either withhold rent until they fix the...

Q: What is 15.17 hearing

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Environmental for Texas on
Answered on Nov 29, 2017
Kiele Linroth Pace's answer
It is a reference to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 15.17 which discusses the procedure for taking an arrested person to a magistrate judge. There was a Texas case called Rothgery v. Gillespie County that went all the way to the United States Supreme Court that is directly on-point with regard to 15.17 so reading about that specific case might be more informative than reading the dry text of the statute.

If you want to read the statute, you can find it here:...

Q: Hi, I would like to find all legislations and regulations related to sludge or cuttings reinjection (for oil industry)

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas, Environmental and Gov & Administrative Law for Texas on
Answered on Jun 11, 2017
Gregory Andrews Cade's answer
The information on these pages should be useful:



Q: Can neighbor back up surface water on my property

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Texas on
Answered on May 11, 2012
Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.'s answer
If it rises to the level of a private or public nuisance, he may not. The governing principle here is that it may not substantially interfere with your use or enjoyment of the land.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.