Madison, OH asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Probate for Ohio

Q: What if I am on probation and condition of my probation is to not drink alcohol and I get in a car accident drunk

Before this I was on probation and broke it for getting a DUI and went to jail for one year then got on probation again this time and for the first time broke it by testing positive for alcohol and then got in the accident the next day in geauga county

1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ravenna, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You are subject to the same maximum penalties as you were for the original charge. Every time you violate probation the punishment typically increases. What should you do? Hire an attorney to get you the best possible resolution. Don't expect a miracle with these facts however.

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.