Austin, TX asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Texas

Q: I was issued at Ordered Removed (inadmissible) on my way to NC from MEX. How can I get this removed, it was a mistake.

I was in Chicago (layover) and they questioned my intent of traveling to the US. I told them I was here to help a friend recover from surgery but did not believe my story. They said I was here to get married & after checking my phone, they could not prove it. Then the said I was here to work illegally, also not true but they went with it. They issued a inadmissible (sec 212,a,7) because they said I performed unauthorized work. After being threatened to go to jail for 3 days to see a judge, I agreed to return home and they issued a (235, b, 1) order for expedited removal. I am an undergrad in a top university in Mex & have been accepted for my MS in France this fall.

What options do I have and can this be overturned? I really feel this was a mistake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You have not stated very important information: How did you enter the USA? If you entered without inspection you were subject to removal regardless of your reason for being here and your education. You agreed to the removal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.