Redford, MI asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: I was a plaintiff in a case,I won the case and defendant was ordered to pay 90,000 in damages,how do I get my money?

I was adding an addition to my home,he quit and stole over 35,000,hired another to finish,long story short,went to court,he didn’t show,but I was awarded 90,000 in damages

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You can file a judgment lien against his house and property, and then attach or foreclose against those. You'll need an attorney to do that. Contact the attorney who handled your case. Or you could contact a collection agency. Or use use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain an attorney who does collections.

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.