Diamond Bar, CA asked in Employment Discrimination for California

Q: I am being layoff after 15 year of service at no fault my own. What can I legally collect?

1) I received a raise this year and double bonus last year , should my employer pay my prorated bonus this year

2) A similar job is being recruit online , but HR never offered us, is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should contact a lawyer who is experienced in employment law. You can find good attorneys who can help you at the California Employment Lawyer's Association (CELA) https://cela.org/

There are lots of good lawyers who practice employment law in Los Angeles County. You can find them at lacba.org, the website for the Los Angeles County Bar Association. They have a Lawyers Referral Service (LRS) which can help you.

Most lawyers will offer a free consultation, so start looking for a good one right away.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.