Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Native American Law for Oklahoma

Q: Who do i contact when Apts refuse to make needed repairs in section 8 approved apts?

My pregnant daughter and four grand babies are living in a section 8 approved apts that will not make much need repairs I have pics of the black mold on bathroom ceiling walls doors, whole in kitchen ceiling from upstairs flooding, hallway moled carpet soak in water to wear maggots are on carpet from upstairs unit leaking, air conditioner hasn't worked in a year. The maintenance worker said he will paint over black mold, left vacuum for water, worker said carpet won't be cleaned because the carpet cleaning company and apts are going to court for unpaid bill. Office manager has been notified for 11 months section 8 has been notified daughter and babies are always sick and at hospital I've got pictures if need to see please help me

help my family

1 Lawyer Answer
Anna L Self
Anna L Self
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I would contact Legal Aid if you can't get assistance from the Housing Authority that runs your section 8 program. I would also keep trying with the Housing Authority. In OKC, they have to approve the home before it qualifies for section 8 and it sounds like the apartments should not be approved if the landlord can't make them habitable. Ask to speak to a supervisor at the housing authority that handles your section 8.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.