Tulsa, OK asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: What do I need to do or what can I do about a charge that is false, Domestic Violence and Asslut and Battery...

My Daughter who is 17 is pressing charges on me, with the advice of her friend and friends mom which is unexceptable,, she doesn't live with me she lives with dad in Talequah and I stay in wagoner,, I can't understand how this is fair or even possible to go on... Please I don't know what to do about this situation if u can help me I would appreciate it very much

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: First thing is hire an attorney now. Dont wait until later. Do not make any statememts to police or discuss this case with anyone other than your attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.