Farmington, MI asked in Probate and Estate Planning for Michigan

Q: Executor sold estate house to bro. Executor and 1 other brother got paid. So brother can flip house.

Leaving me and my 2 sons out of the what will states. More. 2 1/2 yrs. Had an attorney for 2 yrs, got all discovery, to then in 5 minutes got taken away because attorney wasn't filing subpoenas with court. Tried representing self,for now I'm in debt with fees. Between estate lawyer and executors other lawyer falsifying documents and getting away with it in court. I've pointed these things out to judge, me now getting threatened by the other 3 beneficiary, to drop it or they will seek legal on to me.. had all proof, but seems like judge doesn't look at all the issues I bring up. Cause their attorneys change it all up making me look like the bad person.Now I received in mail the tax bill on estate home , cuz it was getting returned because no mail delivery there. And that's how I just found out my brother is only name on deed. What do I do? Never opened estate account. There were several accounts.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: It sounds like you already had an attorney that you fired/didn't pay? Without seeing ALL the paperwork and doing the research on this long case, it is impossible to provide any real guidance. I would suggest either going back to the attorney you had, or if you believe he did something improper (not just that you got ruled against!) you consult with a different local attorney who can look at all the paperwork and provide a real opinion on what you can do.

If there are no 'liquid assets' (eg -- there's a house but not a bank account) then the absence of an 'estate account' is not surprising or 'wrong' in any way. Tax bills don't necessarily indicate who actually owns the property. You need real legal advice and research here to provide guidance. Don't be 'penny wise and pound foolish' about this ... get representation to help you through the process!

Good luck.

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.