Martinez, CA asked in Car Accidents for California

Q: Notice of Refusal

I bought a motorcycle from out of state to replace my wrecked one. It only had at the time 7235 mi. I was given a notice of refusal from DMV what can I do? I've the letter from my insurance company that it was determined total lost. I was injured and its taken me this long to fine a replacement motorcycle to replace the one that was total is there a form I can dispute this refusal.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Dourian
Robert Dourian
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Pasadena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The question is a bit confusing. Which MC did the DMV refuse? What was refused? What reason did the DMV give you? Did you contact the DMV to see what it requires (to register the MC? ) Anyway the more important question is how are you physically and mentally? Were you injured? How bad? Whose fault was it that caused the incident?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.