Marietta, GA asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Georgia

Q: Do I have to provide the defendant with my evidence when they’re served?

I filed a claim online against an insurance company, and provided evidence with my claim. The claim was accepted and now I’m seeking a process server to serve the register agent of this business.

My question is when I have the person served do I have to also provide them with the evidence I submitted with my claim, or do I just have them served with the complaint, and summons?

I am located in Cobb County Ga, but the person is located in Dane County Wi.

I don’t have a lawyer because once a lawyer finds out I wasn’t in the car at the time of the accident and suffered no personal injuries they don’t want to help me, I have tried for nearly two years to get representation from a lawyer. The person that I allowed to drive my car at the time of the accident had a lawyer and was paid last year by the at fault insurance for his personal injury but they refuse to pay for my vehicle. I even have the voicemail of them denying my claim 2 days of me putting it.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Why don't you have a lawyer representing you? Is this a case of supposed no insurance by the at fault driver?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.