Depoe Bay, OR asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Social Security for Oregon

Q: I need help filling an appeal with social security. There are several reasons they said they denied that were false,

They have Drs I never seen saying I can do things I can not do,

They disagree because I did not stay over night just treated and release for

for COPD and chronic bronchitis, (I have most meds at home to help)

I am now using a walker most of time but can use my cane for short or narrow places

They do not believe fibromyalgia is disabling,

They used that I was babysitting, this was my grand children and it was not days a week

and the was always another adult in the house while they were visiting. mainly my

(soon to be ex) husband Jahn Phillips, and always my mother. (I have some pictures)

and they did not take believe anything my psychiatrist said, I see him every 4-6 wks.

1 Lawyer Answer
Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Prattville, AL

A: I am sorry to hear that Social Security denied your disability claim.

You have 60 days to appeal this decision. Make sure that you file the appeal timely, even if you are still looking for someone to help you with your claim.

You should consult with a disability attorney right away. You can locate one by going to the "Find a Lawyer" tab above in Justia. Most disability lawyers offer free initial consultation. You may also want to hire a disability attorney to advise you, establish a good theory of the case, and help you present medical records and other evidence in your case clearly. Many work on contingency agreements, which means the attorney gets paid only if you win your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.