Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Social Security Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Identity Theft, Landlord - Tenant and Social Security for Oregon on
Q: A woman took money from my daughter saying it was for rent for 1year what can we do

Soon after she took my daughter's money she kicked her out without notice or reimbursement and left my daughter homeless in a strange place. There is more but as you see it's a long story

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott answered on Nov 9, 2018

Assuming you can prove it, and it occurred in Oregon, your daughter simply needs to review everything in detail with a landlord-tenant attorney who practices in the same geographic area as the rental. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Social Security for Oregon on
Q: I have a housing voucher. My income SSDI is $980 month. What happens if I have saved over $2000 in my bank account?

My only source of income is SSDI and I am not employed. The housing specialist is doing an annual income review. I am afraid my rent will be raised or I will lose my housing voucher because I have saved more than $2000 in my checking account.

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Oct 19, 2016

I am not clear what means test you are worried about? SSDI is not like SSI - you can have more then $2,000 saved and you won't lose money from your next SSDI payment. However, you may have to keep your total assets level down low in order to qualify for section "8" housing which has it's own... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.