Valley Center, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: i have a closed cps case but still have 2 visits n phone calls but the kids live with there dad n he cut me off

social worker says hell set up visits then avoids me what can i do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kimberly Erwin
Kimberly Erwin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Ft. Myers, FL

A: While it depends on how your case was closed and what local practice customs suggest, I recommend keeping a log of your attempts to see the children and your attempts to set up visits via the case worker. After documenting several of these attempts, talk to a lawyer about filing a motion to get a set schedule or at least more cooperation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.