Moreno Valley, CA asked in Divorce for California

Q: I'm on step 3 I believe of my divorce. We have two minor children. I'm not requesting any child support, spousal support

I'm not requesting any kind of support (child or spousal) the father can visit when he can. Is there a form I complete or no?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm not aware of the step designations you are referring to. i.e. what's step 3? It's not clear what you have done so far in your case or what the status of your case is at this point. When the parties are ready to submit a proposed judgment, you two can stipulate regarding custody and support and make that stipulation a part of your judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.