Butler, PA asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Real Estate Law and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania

Q: Me and my family got scammed out of 10k by a company that swears they're helping people purchase houses.

They found us "temporary" apartments, twice, and they swore that this money they took from us was going into a down payment for the house we purchase. I have ALL the emails and texts messages with the bull they put us through and all the lies they told. I don't have any of the phone calls saved but I don't believe they are as necessary. What kind of lawyer do I need, and how do I get it all back? They almost destroyed my family. They drained ALL my funds, and now because of them stealing from me, I am poor and unable to afford to live where I am now, or anywhere. They are located in Virginia, and I've live in NYC, NJ and now PA while dealing with them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact the Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs. You would also have an action in fraud against the company.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.