Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Pennsylvania White Collar Crime Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: I was wrongfully accused for stealing money at my job and suspended without any written incident report.

I was approached by Security after I came back from my break and was ordered to take my shoes and socks off in front of customers. No one else working along side me was searched or questioned. CCTV was rolled back and did not show me taking the property that was not mine.

Cary B. Hall answered on Sep 23, 2018

And your question is?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: I was charged with forgery in 2001. I used someone's credit card in PA spent 500.00 returned all merchandise. First offe

I had never been in trouble, I was given an f2 unauthorized act in writing. Only thing I did was sign the reciept. From what I have researched I should of gotten a misdemeanor not a F2 and m2 for theft by unlawful taking

Cary B. Hall answered on Jun 3, 2018

Here's the forgery statute in full:

"§ 4101 Forgery

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of forgery if, with intent to defraud or injure anyone, or with knowledge that he is facilitating a fraud or injury to be perpetrated by anyone, the actor:

(1) alters any writing...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: Do you have to be made aware of a search warrant? Are you privy to the inventory (or copy of it) found in the search?

If the police issued a warrant for my cell and their probable cause for the search IS A LIE, can the whole thing (case) be thrown out? Do I have a right to know my phone records are being searched? Do I have a right to know WHAT was found during the search?

Cary B. Hall answered on May 22, 2018

If you are charged with a crime and there is a search warrant involved, you will get a copy of it -- as well as the inventory list of items seized -- from the District Attorney's Office when they forward their "discovery" to you. That happens at the Court of Common Pleas level, and you're not... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: Key duplication fraudulent

I bought security locks for my home from a company named BiLock. In order to get a duplicate key you must send a written authorization. I was at my parents home recuperating from surgeries on my leg. Oddly my driver license went missing for a short while and the card with the key code was missing... Read more »

Cary B. Hall answered on Apr 26, 2018

I suggest you contact your local police department. Let them handle it, and they'll also make a report of your concerns. While you're doing that, change your locks again for your own peace of mind.

Best of luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: I asked for the discovery to my federal case and was told I couldn't get it.what can I do to get it?i have my adictment

I'm also on home confinement as well but not allowed to see the discovery on the matter at hand,what can I do to get it?

NiaLena Caravasos answered on Feb 25, 2018

There may be a protective order in your case, which could explain why you cannot have and/or see your discovery. However, you will need to know what the evidence is against you in order to make proper decisions in your case, so you can certainly ask your lawyer when she/he will be able to discuss... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Pennsylvania on

Q: What are our options?

My niece is 32 yrs old facing serious charges that consist felony 3's. She has a college degree a full time job & has never been in trouble prior to this. She had an addiction that took over her life & is working desperately to change her life. Her attorney has not done much to defend her she is... Read more »

Mr. Ryan L Hyde answered on Apr 27, 2017

Its hardbto second guess another attorney, and here is why, they have discovery and we dont. They know more about the judge and officer than we do. And finally, they know more about your neice. This is why it twetwrs on the brink of an ethical breach to second guess an attorney.

What I...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.