Big Bear City, CA asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: I was arrested on 9/17/21 487(A) pc what can I do about the police tearing up my house and not finding anything!

My neighbor knocked on my door 9/16/21 in the morning and mentioned something had been stolen and asked if I had herd anything or saw anything. I said I hadn’t but if I did I would let her know. The police told me they received a call the morning of 9/17/21. I explained that the only reason I knew about the crime was because of the neighbor telling me the day before. They wanted to search my property and I told them to get a warrant. They did and then trashed my home. I took pictures and tried to file a complaint but was referred to one of the officers that did the trashing. I have a date to appear and it will cost me how do I get reimbursed for false arrest?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you can afford a lawyer, get one right away. S/he can tell you your rights and what you can do to both protect yourself and plan for any future civil rights action in the event you beat the charges. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you at your arraignment. Then you can discuss your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.