Asked in Banking, Identity Theft and Small Claims for Georgia

Q: If someone was arrested for using my card and I want to drop the charges will the arresting officer obligee


The woman charged was tricked into using it under instruction of her boyfriend who was responsible for finding my wallet

1 Lawyer Answer
Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA

A: This depends on several factors. However, contacting the prosecutor's office and letting them know that you don't want her to be charged is a first step. You can request to fill out a non-prosecution affidavit, but ultimately it is up to the prosecution to determine if they will dismiss the charges. The non-prosecution affidavit can provide support for the dismissal but is not a guarantee. For more information, contact a criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.