San Jose, CA asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for California

Q: Do I need to get a lawyer?

I violated my court probation by “attending a illegal motor vehicle contest” they gave me a ticket for spectating.

My original offense was for a dui. Which occurred at the beginning of 2020.

- I was within 300 feet when the police stopped me, but they had the whole intersection blocked off and I wasn’t driving. I didn’t even have keys on me.

What’s the chance of getting my probation revoked?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair
Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: As part of your probation you were told to "lead a lawful life", this is potentially a probation violation. That being written, you probably have nothing to worry about regarding a probation violation, however you can contact a local criminal defense attorney (or maybe the one you hired for your DUI) to discuss the possible outcomes.

Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

i would suggest you contact your local DUI lawyer for guidance as to what that judge would do.

i certainly is not that serious and chances are not much IF anything will happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.