Las Vegas, NV asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Education Law and Health Care Law for Nevada

Q: What are my options for if I’m injured at school?

I’m in medical assistant school and one of the other students gave me possible nerve damage at some point during a vein puncture or injection. I went to the doctor after alerting my teacher and the doctor told me my symptoms sounded like nerve damage and to see a specialist if I don’t see improvement by the end of the month. So my question is, if my arm doesn’t get better what are my options.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. You ask about your options. A starting point could be to try to arrange a consult with an attorney. Most law firms that handle injury cases offer free initial consults. Whether or not an attorney identifies the basis for a viable case, something else to consider is further medical evaluation, including neurological testing. That's the realm of physicians and they could advise better on that. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.