Tulsa, OK asked in Criminal Law and Mergers & Acquisitions for Oklahoma

Q: What can we who about falsely putting a person on a motion of discovery?

My roommate was caught with a bunch of drugs and money and a gun up the road from my house and told them he lived here and they came and raided my house. Nothing of what they were looking for was found besides a set of scales and a little personal. Then whenever he gets out and has his motion to Discovery it says that my husband is a witness of the state and its states things that he said that he never did say so what can we do about them falsifying the report

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Contact the attorney handling the defense in the case and have them address that

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.