Highland, CA asked in Car Accidents for California

Q: Hello, I was in a car accident where I was not at fault. The one that caused the accident had no insurance or driver li

My insurance only wants to give me $3500 because I did not have full coverage. Is there a way to get more? I have to cover the costs for the towing company & to get my vehicle out. Is there a way to sue the other vehicle? I am emotionally & mentally stressed out, especially since I am a 20 year old college student. This accident has given me PTSD and I get extremely nervous thinking about having to drive.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frederick J. Sette
Frederick J. Sette
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you are able to pursue the other driver legally, most likely in small claims, but the odds of you satisfying any judgment is low. Depending on what type of coverage you had on your own policy you may be able to obtain a recovery for your PTSD and any other associated injuries. That is your most realistic chance of getting made right.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.