Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: Being charged with a stolen vehicle that I bought and paid for legally.

April 30th 2021, I bought a truck off of a private seller. I paid $17,500.00 for the truck. Before, buying I had the vin number checked on the truck through the Oklahoma Tax Commission, Bumper to Bumper, and NICB's VIN Check. Every single one came back free and clear. Fast forward to July 3, 2021, I had to report my truck stolen through the advisement of my insurance company. I called and notified the police department they came and took my statement and said they would call me. I let a couple of days go by and called the police department which I could not get any answers until the Officer that originally took call was back in the office. I called for a week straight finally I got in touch with the Officer. He was rude and very short with me, I asked if he recovered my truck. He said yes and told me where it was located. Since, I had moved back to Illinois from Oklahoma I paid a trucking company to pick up my truck. As of Sept. 2021 I have a warrant for a stolen truck more details

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL

A: It appears that you must immediately discuss your present criminal charges with a criminal defense counsel licensed in the jurisdiction where the original charges were filed without any delay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.