Tulsa, OK asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Oklahoma

Q: My son moved out back in may of 2021, and he is trying to put a VPO on me and all I do is worry about him.

I should have rights to check on my son, he thinks IM out to hurt him cause he stole a truck from me which is NOT the case I love him very ,much and I just want to check on him, Im his father what are my rights, He is 18 tho but still

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If a protective order has been filed, hire an attorney to defend you. You do not want a PO to be entered because it can follow you and impact your life in many ways.

Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.