Durant, OK asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma

Q: I have a 2013 conviction assult an battary on minor now have charge of a&b in presence of minor will 2013 against new 1.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: We really don’t have enough information to answer your question with specificity. Assault snd battery on a minor (your previous arrest) can be charged as a Felony. While the charge you have recited, “assault and battery in the presence of a minor” (I’m assuming you mean “domestic”assault and battery in the presence of a minor), carries a minimum of six months and up to one year in the county jail. More importantly, it can be brought as a felony if you have a predicate domestic assault and battery conviction on your record. You need to consult an attorney Immediately and provide him or her with the specific facts of the case and the history of your previous criminal charge for more precise guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.