San Diego, CA asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for California

Q: Trips to tijuana Mex with my gfs best friend, she's preg n tells my gf she's gonna file a police report. What do I do

was consentual several times , but she says she doesn't remember one occasion cause she was high n fell sleep

1 Lawyer Answer
Vijay Dinakar
Vijay Dinakar
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Jose, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If anyone ever suggests they will file a police report accusing you of a crime, you remember never to speak to the police if questioned. That is what you must remember of above all else. Many cases which could be fought and won are totally ruined because the accused decided to speak with the police which is never a good idea. Next, you must hire an attorney immediately to possibly prevent any criminal case from being filed. All the best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.