Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Libel & Slander and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Case #SC129686 RICO. MUST take case to SUPREME Court -defendants bribe federal court judges like Dolly m gee

Council for disney defendants Alexander the FAKE myers lies on federal court declarations Google posts on YouTube the truth and their unholy alliances with the mouSStapo the internet authorities made Disney take down my registered ASCAP sag/aftra work called.... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Dec 14, 2019

more more info needed to evaluate and understand the matter.

however, if you are looking for a lawyer to take a matter to the Supreme Court i don't do that.

Lawyers that would go there would probably be expensive. Are you in a position to retain such a lawyer?

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Was this a wrongful dismissal. Do I have a case?

I was fired because of a video I posted of a me pressing buttons on a vending machine on my lunch and my boss accused me of stealing she also has fired several other people I know for the exact same reason.... when I have never stolen anything from her but she just keeps saying it and when i went... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Oct 31, 2019

Sorry, but likely no.

In California you are considered to be an at will employee unless you have an agreement to the contrary about that status. As such your employer can terminate you for any reason or even no reason at all. Your employer had the right to terminate you because he thought...
Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander, Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: My friend destroyed my apartment and personal items in the place I was renting ended having to move can I sue him

He went to jail the night he was destructive to my home and is serving 3 years in county . He said he would help with damages and moving and will not now . My whole life was turned upside down and left me and my son homeless . I wasn't even home when he did what he did . I have pictures and he was... Read more »

William M. Weinberg
William M. Weinberg answered on Oct 24, 2019

This really isn’t a criminal law question. Of course, I would encourage you to file a small claims action against the landlord for stealing your deposit. I’m sorry all this is happening to you it must be incredibly stressful.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Can I sue instagram?

Can I sue them?

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Oct 6, 2019

much more info needed.

unless you are very well off, it would probably be prohibitive cost-wise.

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Can a person cc'd in email be responsible for the contents?
William John Light
William John Light answered on Sep 11, 2019

Incomplete hypothetical. Depends on what was written, who wrote it, why it was written, at whose request it was written, and perhaps many other factors. There is no substitute for a detailed evaluation of the facts.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Government Contracts, Libel & Slander and Native American Law for California on
Q: I wanted to know what I can do about TANF in pala Ca.? They have stressed me to the point of being ill and depressed.

I have proof that they mistreated me and recordings, I know that they have a personal vendetta with me.

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Sep 10, 2019

You have to provide a lot more detail in order to get decent legal advice. This is probably not the best forum for getting an answer for you. Contact the County Bar Association in the county in which the local office of TANF is located, and ask for a civil rights attorney referral. The initial... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: can i file a restraining order on my ex boyfriend if I don't know his home or work address?

We broke up about a month ago. Since then he's moved and quit his job but I know (although I can't prove it) that he's posting lies about me on social media. He's using my photo and accusing me of embarrassing things. He also painted foul language on my car. He's calling my mother - He even sent a... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Sep 1, 2019

more info needed.

yes, if you can prove it.

call the police and see if they will investigate AND get his current address.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Criminal Law, Employment Law and Domestic Violence for California on
Q: My ex-boyfriend vandalized my car. He also sent a fake text message to my job and got me fired. What can I do?

I don't know where he lives. He doesn't have a job. He receives short term disability.

He has a record from about 10 years ago.

He hasn't threatened me with violence. He's harassing me because we had a nasty break-up. He's made fake instagram accounts and contacted my friends... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Sep 1, 2019



1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: How do I file a suit for racial profiling against a retail chain?

The situation was that I walked into my local Rite Aid to return two items that I had purchased. I presented the item to the clerk. The items that I purchased was by one and get the second for free. After scanning the first item, I was told by the clerk that the item had already been returned. When... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jul 24, 2019

There is nothing indicating racial profiling

Q: Type of attorney for harmful rx practices of 2 doctors, severe brain injuries by hospitals refusal to care

Permanently disabled prior to incidentd. Severe losses. Cause involves 1 of 2 drs already prosecuted by state of CA medical board, san diego hospital refusal to care, sheriff refusal to report . kidnapped from ER taken by ambulatory delivery to a border naval hospital, refused to treat acute... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 14, 2019

More info needed.

for negligence by a doctor or medical providers you would want a med mal atty

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I would like to know if a driver is at fault for hitting a pedestrian turning out into traffic.

I am a 17 year old son of a mother who had recently been in a collision with a minor on a bike. The minor turned in front of her vehicle -while she turned into the lane she had waited legally for traffic to allow- from the blind spot made by an adjacent vehicle the minor was biking next to. The boy... Read more »

William John Light
William John Light answered on Jul 9, 2019

No one could make a guess about who is at fault without reviewing all of the available evidence. However, fault isn't all or nothing. Everyone might have some proportional fault.

Your mother's insurance company owes her a defense and indemnity. It will appoint an attorney to defend her...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: I live in CA. While I was at work animal control came to my house and took my dogs out of my backyard.

They left a tag on my door and on the tag it said I hadn’t given my dogs food or water in days. That was a lie. I feed them and gave them water before I went to work.

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jun 23, 2019

Thanks for venting as there is o question

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: what can i do to cease and desist harassment from a sibling?

I have a sibling whos been harassing me 10+ yrs she is making false police reports death threats aginst me to my kids, malice slandering (defamation of character). threats to my kids saying shes gonna have me in jail for life kill me etc Cant hold a job im so stressed I need a attorney but im a... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on May 28, 2019



1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for California on
Q: legally pursue an employer for telling a customer your autistic to fix a bad yelp review and then it being put on yelp?

The customer then updated yelp review saying that I have autism if that makes sense. would it be legally actionable because it is libel? I dont have autism my employer literally just made that up so the person would edit their review and now people in my town believe I have autism. Is this... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Apr 18, 2019

Perhaps yes. It is slander for one person to tell another a knowingly false statement of past or present fact that causes damage to the reputation of another. If you can establish actual injury as a result of this untruth about you, you might have a meritorious legal claim against the employer... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for California on
Q: I rented a car and it was two days past due and the owner stole the car while i was at a friends, and it had $1900 cash

And several other expwnsive articles. When i went to ask for my peoperty he refused to give it to me unril i paid him $780. Is this legal?

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Apr 8, 2019

more info needed.

was this a car rental agency or a private persons vehicle.

certainly looks like they took the law into their own hands.

if they acknowledge your property is in there you are lucky. They could easily say there was nothing in the car.

this is so small...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: i need a pro bono atty who can do a defamation of character and libel suit against an abusive ex partner.

slander, threats, harassment, verbal and mental abuse

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Feb 21, 2019

more info needed but we don't do pro bono.

you need to inquire from a lawyer in your community.

try legal aid society.

however, those suits are very difficult as it is usually hard to prove how you were damaged.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Libel & Slander, Real Estate Law and Contracts for California on
Q: Are there Attorneys who take clients who have communication disabilities? It is a complicated tenant lanlord case.

How does one ever find an Attorney if they have communication disabilities? I would be the plaintiff and have a strong and complicated tenant landlord case. But I have communication disabilities making it difficult explaining to an Attorney what has happened. Just this question took me a very long... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 30, 2019

You could contact the State Bar of California, which has an attorney referral service. You could check with them if they are able to identify attorneys under these attributes. If you are able to conduct independent searches on your own (you mention the difficulty of doing this) or with the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Can I sue a major hotel chain for damages i did not do but was still charged for?

I was at a Holiday Inn for two weeks. One night I ran a bath and fell asleep for 10 minutes. It over flowed and and soaked the carpet. The next day the manager told me it looked liked there was no damages. I was there for another week with no mention of it. When I flew home I see they charged my... Read more »

William John Light
William John Light answered on Dec 2, 2018

Small Claims is your best bet.

View More Answers

Q: Can I sue my previous employer for harassment and emotional distress?
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Nov 7, 2018

Much more info needed.

How long ago did this happen and when did you leave and under what circumstances.

You need to contact a labor law attorney.

This is not an area of law that i handle.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Law, Civil Litigation and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: A possible case of extortion and defamation?

I had a former client that never paid on time. She would pay in weird increments way after the due date. Moreover, she would praise us when we helped her daughter accomplish high standards. Yet, she hardly ever picked up and dropped off her child on time. I had to cancel a few, but not many... Read more »

William John Light
William John Light answered on Oct 17, 2018

It's possible. Defamation is a false statement of fact. Negative opinions are not defamation. It depends what she said and how it compares to the truth.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.